Saturday, November 17, 2007

"Forest" dye batch and "Vision" necklace in burnt ochre

Dark greens with some lighter highlights. This dye batch turned out closer to what I was actually shooting for than my last attempt! I just had time to start a simple edging pattern to show how the thread works up. Maybe I'll turn it into a bookmark.


This photo is a close-up view of my latest working of my "Vision" pattern. I used size 20 instead of the size 10 called for in the pattern. It works, but using a different size causes some minor adjustments to be made.


Nothing ever is perfect, but hey, if I waited till I got it perfect - it would never get done at all!

With total disregard for hiding ends, I just let them stick out at the end of the neckcord, added beads, and frayed out the ends. Shabby chic, funky, or whatever the fashion people call it - I'd wear it! But I decided to put it up for sale instead.

4 comments:

Tattycat said...

The green thread is lovely, as is the necklace! Beautiful work, once again.

clyde said...

Marilee, your thread is very nice but I must say that your "Vision" necklace is gorgeuos and thank you for being so generous as to share the pattern. I am going to make one for my daughter as soon as I get a chance. The designs that you create continue to amaze me.

yarnplayer said...

Thank you, and I'll look forward to seeing how yours turns out!

Lace-lovin' Librarian - Diane said...

Marilee, your new thread is gorgeous! I can't wait 'til payday! The necklace is stunning!