Friday, December 21, 2007

Progress on holly snowflake...and some frogs

Some progress on the holly snowflake idea. Something I found out is that the Josephine chains will flop around till they are secured. So I'm trying to turn the rings to face the way I want them before joining. It was a bit tedious to tat each spoke separately, but by the time I got to the 4th one I started to feel that I was almost done...hurray! For the outer round I'm using my own hand dyed "Fern" color. I can see that I'm going to need more double stitches for that long curve, in order make all the spokes even. So the outer round I'm probably going to start over.

Frog closures...I just got the notion to make some! I think these are cute and I put them into my shop to market to people who sew. These are my own simple designs, but there is a pattern for a really elaborate one in the "Priscilla 2" book reprint, otherwise known as "Tatting Patterns" by Julia Sanders.

5 comments:

Clyde said...

Hi Marilee, your frog closures are cute and I think your holly snowflake is going to turnout to be an amazing design.

Tattycat said...

What Clyde said! I like the frogs, but I can't wait to see this snowflake finished!

Linda S Davies said...

Marilee, this holly design is coming along very nicely. Looking forward to seeing it finished!
LindaS

yarnplayer said...

Thank you, I will get it done after Christmas. Merry Christmas to all!

Sapna said...

Wishing You and your Family a Very Merry Christmas!