Saturday, January 5, 2008

Holly Snowflake


Here it is finished, just in time for Three Kings Day!

It measures a whopping 4 and 1/2 inches across, done in size 30 DMC Cordonnet Special. I used white along with my own hand dyed "Pizzazz" and "Fern".

I do plan on sharing the pattern in some form. More ideas than time, isn't that always how it goes?

Thank you to all who voted in the thread size poll!

Just finished hand painting a new dye batch of thread in all the various sizes listed in the poll. This batch should be dry and up in my Etsy shop on Monday, Jan. 7. I tried to do a few solids from the same dye colors. They may not turn out to be completely "solid" so I may have to resort to the phrase, "desirable variations in shade, characteristic of hand dyeing." Anyhow, they will have come from the same batch, so should coordinate beautifully, at least that's the plan.

11 comments:

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

oooh I love your Ivy Flake. That is too pretty. I may try and make it. Can't wait to see your dried dyed threads.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Very very pretty Marilee!

Toptattyhead said...

Lovely to see the end result, Marilee! Are you saving this one for next Christmas? LOL

Tattycat said...

Oh, I am so pleased to see the finished holly snowflake! It is so pretty. I hope you will find time to share the pattern in some way.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty, Marilee!

Tatskool said...

The snowflake turned out to be a real winner, a 'must tat'. Hope that you get the pattern written up sooooooon!
Thanks in advance.

Unknown said...

Marilee, The holly snowflake is a knockout and I look forward to seeing the patern. More hand dyed thread, can't wait to see the colours.

Icela said...

Marilee, What a beautiful snowflake. It looks awesome in your hand dyed threads.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Good morning, Marilee! I've tagged you for the You Make My Day Award. If you're interested in participating, the information is on my blog. Diane

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments. I will try to get the Holly Snowflake pattern ready soon.

Unknown said...

OH, wow, I love the Holly snowflake. The versatility of one little double stitch never ceases to amaze me.