Friday, March 14, 2008

Getting down to the "Knitty Gritty"

This batch with the browns, rust orange, and dull greens I decided to call "Knitty Gritty". It's not so "pretty" as some of my other colors.
The bright rust orange I decided to call "Spicy Hot". It's definitely not for those who like their colors to be mild on the taste meter!
And here is my 2nd attempt at "Nectarine". I think this one is better than my 1st attempt from last summer.

The colors are not currently in all the sizes; I was just doing some experimenting.

6 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Oooooh, my favourite colours together are bright orange and bright pink. Those are wonderful.
JaneEb

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Jane's right! These are wonderful! Knitty Gritty is certainly not typical of what you've posted in the past, but I think it's beautiful! I like Spicy Hot and Nectarine as well. Thanks for showing off your new threads!

Unknown said...

I love them all but I think nectarine is my favorite of the three.

Arlene said...

Ok...I must have!! As soon as I get paid I am going to try your threads! They are simply gorgeous and I am sooo glad someone is doing finer threads!

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks, I am glad you like them. I wasn't sure about the "Spicey Hot". It turned out a little too "hot" for my taste, but I figured someone would be able to use it somewhere.

Sewicked said...

My mom would adore 'spicy hot.' She adores bright, bright colors. Me, I prefer 'knitty gritty.' It takes all kinds, I guess.