Saturday, March 29, 2008

"Vision" necklace in hand dyed thread "Knitty Gritty"

These colors seem better suited to autumn, but anyhow, the thread works well with the beads. I only did a small batch of "Knitty Gritty" a couple weeks ago as an experiment. I think I will need to do some more!
I had a lot of fun varying the neck cord in this one, adding some split rings between the zigzag tatting. The large beads involved unwinding the shuttles, stringing the bead onto both threads, then rewinding the shuttles. A bit of extra work, but I'm pleased with the results!
The basic pattern for the "Vision" necklace is available here.

8 comments:

Tatskool said...

Very nice, the colours really look well.

Unknown said...

I love the necklace and I think the thread colour is very nice. Definitely a keeper.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I really like this colorway, Marilee! I think it looks beautiful done up in your necklace!

Tattycat said...

The colors worked out beautifully and they look great with the beads. You are amazing!

Toptattyhead said...

Wow, Marilee, what a fantastic design!

Unknown said...

That is really cool looking. So talented with the colors are you.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is lovely Marilee! So earthy, the colors...I love it!

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks very much!