Looks simple, but there is a lot of experimenting in this necklace.
I started out using beads in center of split rings (inspired by Jane!)
But, after doing just two beads that way, I got dissatisfied, I dunno - the upside, downside, look of the bead either on top of the ring or below it just seemed to twist on me or something, and I knew mine wouldn't turn out nice like Jane's.
So I continued with it as a string of beaded mock rings - then I noticed yet another phenomenon - there is S curve sort of effect, which would be more noticeable with 2 colors. I didn't notice the effect on my first try using all red. To top it off, I found out that if I wasn't consistant with how I did the joining, the look of the curves changed - yikes! I'll show more of what I'm talking about, after I manage to figure out what I'm actually talking about, LOL!
Then, I decided that either I should do some weaving or sell the loom. I really don't want to sell it! It's just a table loom on a stand, not a big jobber, but big enough to do some serious weaving, and I've had it about a dozen years. So, I finished one scarf I had started quite a while ago, and saw that there was enough warp for another - when I finish that one I'll put it in my Etsy shop if it turns out nice enough.
These colorful towels I finished some time ago just got added to my Etsy shop.
Maybe someday I could get around to weaving lacy things (using HDT) that would look nice with tatted edgings (in matching HDT) - gotta keep dreaming, LOL!