Friday, April 23, 2010

Treasuries galore

It seems that HDT is becoming a favorite item to include in Treasury selections on Etsy. Just recently my threads have been featured by Caitlin Sainio, Homespun Ireland, and Atelierfrost.

The project I'm currently working on (sorry, no photos yet) is improving the tatted "atom", and getting the directions written down. This is a really tricky design - but I think it's getting there. I really want to do this well and get some tatted up. The manager of the Discovery World gift shop has invited me to have some of my items there on consignment, and gee whiz - what could be more perfect for a science museum gift shop than a tatted atom?



6 comments:

Jeff Hamilton said...

Congrats on being in all those Treasuries. Are you going be offering the Tatted Atom pattern for sale? I think it is something I would wear.

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks, Jeff. Yes, I am intending to add the atom pattern to my next book.

Unknown said...

Very cool! It doesn't surprise me! Your colorways are so vibrant and lovely and your photographs are clean and beautiful!

Gina said...

You have a way of displaying your threads beautifully and to the best advantage. You could almost just photograph your threads and sell the photos! Kudos on all the treasuries.

Radosna Wytwórczość said...

Thanks to your tips I managed to dye my very own yarn. I'm delighted! I'll do this again for sure. Thank you very much for sharing, it was a great encouragement to try something new.

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you, TattingChic and Gina, I'm glad you like the photos. I just do the best I can with the lighting available.

Alveaenerie, I am glad to hear that you had fun dyeing your own thread. It is fun to play with color.