Monday, February 7, 2011

Stardate 1102.07

"Stardate" hand dyed thread

While adjusting for shifts in relative time, hand dyed thread continues to enter the present reality. I sensed a desire for a batch of Stardate (though I lack any telepathic ability - I received emails asking for it :-)

"Luna" hand dyed thread
The smaller batch of pastel Luna was so named at the suggestion of my teenage son, who found a picture of a Luna moth and said, "That's the same color, just call it Luna". Since Luna means moon, and because I used 2 colors from the Stardate batch plus 2 more pastel green tints, it works well with the Stardate colors, I think.

Set a course for creative tatting -- engage!

10 comments:

Amy Nicole said...

Love the star trek references!

Karrieann said...

LOVE the Luna! It is true to color.. I have had the honor of seeing a Luna Moth once in my life... breath-taking!

Suztats said...

Yum! Love the thread, Gotta get me some!

God's Kid said...

Beautiful threads! :)

Fox said...

That Luna is sensational!
Fox : )

Miranda said...

Beautiful as always. Has anyone ever told you that you are an evil temptress? I have resolved to use only the threads I already have because I'm trying to save up for a vacation, so I will just have to lust for now. I feel like a kid staring in the window of the candy shop. :(

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

absolutely beautiful, really really beautiful colorway! this one should be a keeper!

Jane S. said...

Wow those are beautiful!

The Chung Family said...

Beautiful threads! And love how creative you are with the article that Stardate is laying on! Clever!

IsDihara said...

See me standing next to Miranda, staring longingly in the shop window at your HDT candy. Waiting for the IRS refund to arrive...*heavy.sigh*