Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tatted "Compass"


No, it doesn't really point North - but I think it's sort of cool, anyway.

It took me quite some time to work out this design, and now I'm working on writing it out, along with some of my other designs which I never did get around to writing down. Writing out patterns is work!

Other things I'm doing include preparing for teaching my tatting class which will be June 13, and I plan on attending the L.A.C.E. day at Downer's Grove, Illinois on June 18 along with some tatting friends.

11 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Oh, good! Maybe I'll get to see you again! I love your compass, even if it doesn't always point to true north!

IsDihara said...

Your compass is awesome! With one of those around my neck, I would be sure to never lose my place in a pattern again.

God's Kid said...

That is so cool!!! :)

Gina said...

I'll see you AND Diane again too!

Carol said...

I can't wait for the new patterns! I love your work. I can honestly say I really enjoy looking at it. I hope to aspire to your level one day. Congrats on a beautiful new pendant!

Fox said...

Clever.
Fox : )

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely design, I love the compass, why worry about it not pointing north, its a great design
Margaret

Tat-ie said...

Lucky American tatters who can benefit from lessons with you. Too bad I live so far away, I'd love to attend one. Anyway, thanks for this new pattern, it is so lovely!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

What a great idea for a pattern! I can think of several wonderful notes to enclose in gift boxes with it. I agree about pattern writing being difficult. I don't need much in the way of notes to reproduce it again when I designed it, but getting it ready for others to follow really IS work. That said, I look forward to seeing those patterns when they are ready to share with the rest of us.

TAT19540 said...

I love the idea! Ah new book in the works maybe??!! So looking forward to lace convention and best of luck with tatting class!

E-J said...

Very much admire your gorgeous tatted pieces!