Monday, October 31, 2011

Ginkgo Leaf pattern is ready


The pattern for the Ginkgo Leaf is now finished, and I've listed it for sale in my Etsy Shop. The pattern has instructions for the leaf with or without beads, with many in-progress photos. I consider it an advanced level pattern, mostly because of the folded rings and the Catherine Wheel joins.

But, actually a folded ring isn't really that hard. I think if you can already tat a ring, you'll be able to learn the folded ring easily from the instructions in the pattern.

The Catherine Wheel join is a bit fiddly, but I made a video and a free PDF tutorial on that technique. I like that join for when I want a smooth, outlining curve in a design.

2 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful pattern like all your other patterns. Thank you for sharing the video and the instruction sheet.

Margaret

Unknown said...

The "Catherine Wheel Join" has certainly added to my arsenal of tatting techniques and is completely worth learning!