|Back of necklace|
People often ask if I'm going to write it up, but first I think I need to experiment with it awhile. The large medallion wouldn't lay straight until after a lot of blocking with steam, so I'm going to see if there's any way that I could adjust the stitch counts.
The beads were added to the center of rings using a technique that I learned at Jane Eborall's site. I like this technique a lot, so I made a video too. One of the tricky things about adding beads in this way is figuring out how many double stitches will fit around a certain bead. A change in size of bead or thread will need a change in stitch count as well. It's fiddly to do but worth the results, I think.
|Beaded ring in progress|
The thread I used is Lizbeth size 20 in Country Grape. The round beads are Swarovski Crystal Pearls in Light Green, the seed beads size 11/0, just some that I had in my stash.
I kept the neck cord simple with a zigzag chain, as explained on Tatting Fool's blog.