Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Burgundy necklace finished



It's finished, and I learned a few things during the process. By trying to add the neck cord to each side separately, I made more trouble that I hadn't foreseen: some beaded rings needed to be tatted "upside down" - not fun! The photo to the left shows that part in progress, along with the extra ends that needed sewing in. It seems that if the neck cord was worked in one piece, it would avoid trouble. So, since I now know how many split rings will give me the length that I want, I'll do it that way next time...if there is one.

I think at some point I will get the main medallion written up since it would make a very nice pendant, and even without beads would be a pretty motif. But, first, I need a break! This was a very time-consuming project. I need to dye some more thread for my Etsy shop, probably the "Blackbird" colorway since folks have been asking about it. Then, time for shamrocks!

14 comments:

Corina said...

Wow, it's great!

God's Kid said...

Your necklace is so very awesome!!! Something about the detail and design just captures my attention. I love how beautiful it is!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Your necklace is gorgeous, I have just admired it in your esty store.
Margaret

Tatfully Yours said...

WOW!! Your necklace is soooo beautiful!!! I just love the colours!
Kelly

Fox said...

A delight!
Fox : )

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Stunning!

Karen said...

Each new piece of your jewelry becomes my new favorite. Karen in OR

Suztats said...

It looks just wonderful!

Suz said...

Merilee, what name did you give the thread in your Id photo? I missed out when you dyed the batch and went back in your blog, but couldn't find a name. And do you think you will make another batch? As fast as it went away I think it would happen again! Suz C

Red said...

Perfectly lovely! Do you find sewing in ends to be difficult? I've tried before, but I tat too tightly to get a needle through.

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you all very much!

Suz, the color you mentioned is Grey Crimson, will do that again soon.

Red, there is a very good tutorial on sewing in ends on Jane Eborall's Tips and Techniques Page: http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/TipsTechniques.htm

Tat-ie said...

SO lovely, this pattern is really remarkable. And the colour is baeutiful.

Silver Jewelry Website said...

Wow, the design of this necklace is really superb. I just lo0ve this design.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.