It's finished, and I learned a few things during the process. By trying to add the neck cord to each side separately, I made more trouble that I hadn't foreseen: some beaded rings needed to be tatted "upside down" - not fun! The photo to the left shows that part in progress, along with the extra ends that needed sewing in. It seems that if the neck cord was worked in one piece, it would avoid trouble. So, since I now know how many split rings will give me the length that I want, I'll do it that way next time...if there is one.
I think at some point I will get the main medallion written up since it would make a very nice pendant, and even without beads would be a pretty motif. But, first, I need a break! This was a very time-consuming project. I need to dye some more thread for my Etsy shop, probably the "Blackbird" colorway since folks have been asking about it. Then, time for shamrocks!