Friday, June 29, 2012

Bracelet in blue and white


This is another bracelet experiment inspired by a vintage edging pattern. The thread is Lizbeth size 20 in color # 656 Wedgewood Dark, which is a more intense color when viewed in person than the photos show. I added white seed beads size 11/0 and 4mm crystal pearls, and closed with a medium toggle clasp that measures about 10mm across. Personally, I find this type of clasp easiest to put on, both with attaching to the tatting, and in putting it on my wrist.

This pattern had a picot on the other side of the chain at one point, to be joined to a ring later. Funny how I had never run across this issue before in over 30 years of tatting, and now it's shown up twice is less than 2 weeks. Anyway, I dealt with it using the technique described in a previous post.

I'm having a good time turning vintage designs into beaded lace bracelets, so there may be more to come!



10 comments:

Proverbs3122 said...

That is lovely!

IsDihara said...

Simply stunning!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You've tatted another gorgeous bracelet!

Laurette said...

All of the bracelets are beautiful and the beads give them something extra special.

Fox said...

Elegant.
Fox

God's Kid said...

Very beautiful and I love it with those pearls!!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful, I love the pattern and the colour is gorgeous
Margaret

FerrellGraph-x said...

So beautiful! I'd love to learn how to tat!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you everyone!

Jennifer, if you would like to learn how to tat, may I suggest signing up for my Shuttle Tatting course on Craftsy - http://www.craftsy.com/shuttletatting

gemstone collection said...

Thanks for this fresh and timely info, I really enjoyed reading.
gemstone collection