Thursday, March 31, 2016

Preparing for Finger Lakes Tatting Conference


The Finger Lakes Tatting Conference is next week, and I'll be teaching there! The "Fantasy Flower" is the project that I'm teaching.

I'm currently preparing step-outs, or samples in various stages of completion, to help the participants understand the structure of how the flower shape develops. There's about 15 people in each class! Mostly all experienced tatters, so I've been told. Even so, a very large class for tatting.

I've been experimenting with the live video craze on Periscope, but with dismal (blurry, pixelated) results. I've tried better lighting, but that didn't help. So, I've come to the conclusion that the Internet speed available at my location just isn't fast enough for live broadcast. I'll continue to make regular (not live) videos instead.

Looking forward to meeting many tatters at the Finger Lakes Tatting Conference!

10 comments:

God's Kid said...

Love that flower!!! :)
I bet there will be gorgeous bouquets in those classes!!! :)

Michelle said...

Oh I wish I could come! Gorgeous flower!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I would love to be able to attend! I hope you have a wonderful time, and I hope to see you and your gorgeous flower soon!

Elizabeth said...

They are lucky to have you for an instructor. They flower is beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

They are lucky to have you as an instructor. The flower is beautiful.

Jane McLellan said...

Wonderful flower! It does sound a big class, so good luck with that. Yes, we have to work within the limitations of internet access.

H J Hess said...

Looking forward to seeing you next week!
Hegla
.

muskaan said...

What a gorgeous flower !!!!
I'm sure your class was a hit with many happy tatters :-)

Anonymous said...

This would make a gorgeous brooch, hope the pattern is available before to long (In unable to travel to the class).

Sarah said...

Have a lovely time! I got to attend at Finger Lakes last year and everyone was wonderful. Everyone will love the flower!