Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Garden Oddities

Mixed media tatted earrings
Work in progress

Finished today, these are mixed media tatted earrings, my design. They're based on my Nouveau pattern, but I added more beads, embellishments, and a wire framework.

The colors of hand dyed thread used were Gold Dust for the flowers, and Leafy for the greens. The wire frame is 20 gauge purple coated copper wire, and I wrapped the tatting on with 28 gauge wire, also purple. Tiny Swarovski crystals in amethyst color are in the flowers. The color choices seemed odd at the time, but I'm really pleased with the result!
Showing the back side




Dalek tomato
Incidentally, on a tomato plant in the backyard I found an oddly shaped tomato that immediately brought to mind, "Dalek"! It's a Dr. Who robotic character, which I really don't know how to explain to folks who have never seen a Dr. Who episode, but it only took a few household odds and ends to make one! 
The wee villain was very easy to "exterminate" for supper :-)

10 comments:

muskaan said...

Wow, gorgeous earrings !!!! You certainly do wonders :-)
Cute makeover for the tomato, however short-lived it may have been ;-p

JB said...

Beautiful earrings. You are amazing!

God's Kid said...

Those earrings are awesome!!!! :)

Michelle said...

Your earrings are gorgeous! Love the Dalek too!

Margarets designer cards said...

Those earrings are a Wow, gorgeous is an understated word.toatlly stunning

Love the tomato great idea, and yes DR who is still going on British TV

Ninetta said...

Beautiful earrings, love your color's choice, very natural. (Funny "dalek"!!)

Jane McLellan said...

Wonderful earrings! Dr. Who was on here in South Africa, but it's not my taste, I found it incomprehensible. I'll eat a tomato any time though.

Koraliki Beaty said...

wow great job

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

The earrings are amazing. Love Dalek, too. I've got to remember to share this post with my oldest daughter who is a long-time Dr. Who fan.

picotsnkeys said...

Love the earrings and the Dalek! I've missed the Doctor lately. Been too busy with the Fair and all things creative! Time for a bing watch session.....