Saturday, October 22, 2016

The new book


 So now at last I have my own printed copy of the new book to hold in my hands! Tatting With Beads Jewelry is a beautiful, professionally published 28 page book containing patterns for 4 tatted jewelry sets, all designed by me. Indeed, it is gratifying to see my name on the cover :)

I've listed some in my Etsy Shop, so if you want the book signed by me, buy it there. If you want it as a PDF file, you need to buy that from the publisher Annie's. 

The "Beatrice" necklace is the most advanced pattern in the book. It uses the technique of pearl tatting. The easiest pattern in the book is "Beaded Path", which is only tatted chains. I've enjoyed designing all 4 sets, so I hope you'll have fun tatting them!



12 comments:

God's Kid said...

How wonderful for you to have another book!!! :) All the sets look beautiful from the pictures!! :)

occhitat said...

Stunning, Marilee!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I couldn't wait. I ordered mine on Amazon. It is a beautiful book!

Corina said...

Looks great!

Margarets designer cards said...

I can't wait to see it, I will check it out ,
Well done on getting another book published.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Congratulations, Marilee! The designs are all beautiful.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Marilee, do the step-by-step instructions cover how to add ribbon and chains as you've done in the illustrated models?

Phyllis said...

Received mine from Amazon. Already planning Christmas gifts, Your patterns are beautiful.

Jane McLellan said...

Congratulations!

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you very much, everyone!
@Eliz Davis aka Tatknot, there are only very brief directions written in the book on finishing the tatted pieces to wear as jewelry. All you really need to know is how to open and close a jump ring, such as in Beadaholique's YouTube video: https://youtu.be/7uqB5mk-Za8
Another video showing the technique of adding foldover crimp to cord or ribbon is https://youtu.be/YHesAK1jKi8

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thank you very much, Marilee. That will be helpful as I haven't tatted much jewelry.

catherine PETTURITI said...

I ask it to my husband for my birthday ! I'm waiting for it with impatience ! thank you marilee