Friday, March 31, 2017
The difference between these 2 batches is that "Adventurer" has olive drab in it, "Khaki" does not.
The reason that I did "Khaki" is that someone requested my original "Adventurer" from a few years back which didn't have olive drab in it at the time. I don't remember who it was and can't find the message (from several months ago), so I'm just putting this out there for anyone interested.
Monday, March 27, 2017
This 10 minute video shows me working with 2 shuttles, tatting a mock ring around a bead, bead picots, lock join, chain, tatting a floating ring thrown off a chain, putting a bead in the center of the floating ring, and you'll hear me talk about what I'm doing.
It's actually a demonstration of the start of my own Nouveau necklace pattern. I made this video in response to questions about the techniques used. I hope this helps!
Monday, March 20, 2017
|Rita and Denise tatting together! Did you know that Rita makes beautiful tatting shuttles? She sells them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/shuttlebydesign/|
|Diane working on her doily project.|
|Photo montage showing Diane, Sue Anna, me, and Denise|
|Examples of shuttles that Rita has decorated.|
|Julie and Diane|
|More shuttles designed by Rita|
|Tatting in progress!|
|A collection of Diane's Ice Drops!|
|Diane taught me how to do an Ice Drop. She's a great teacher! These Ice Drops really are fun to make.|
Monday, March 13, 2017
Monday, March 6, 2017
I still need to follow the illustration of the Celtic knot from Celtic Tatting Knots and Patterns by Rozella F. Linden every time I tat one of these shamrocks! Actually, I do it backwards from the illustration, using the paper clip end to weave the knot so that a Celtic shuttle isn't required.
This particular shamrock pattern is mine, and you can find it here.
These green heart earrings are based on the "Sweetheart" pattern in Boutique Tatting, but I altered it. I'm always experimenting! Instead of 2 shuttles, I used 1 shuttle and ball, and when I reached the bottom, I lock joined, tatted the ring, and lock joined again. At the top, I substituted lock stitches for the Josephine chain.
After the tatting was finished, I wire wrapped an emerald green Swarovski teardrop, connecting it to the bottom ring while wrapping. I also made the earwires.
Not much tatting lately, since I've been busy with my cello music. Often choir music contains parts for several instruments in the score, but seldom for cello. The choir director gave me a trombone part, but after hearing it we both agreed that the cello is definitely NOT a trombone ☺
So, what I'm doing is transposing the "C" instrument part (usually intended for flute or violin) down an octave into bass clef for cello. I have music software, which helps, but I still have to do it note by note. Naturally, I'm putting my name in as "arranger" underneath the composer's name on my printed sheet music (I'm the only one who'll ever see those pages, anyway). ☺