Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Hand dyed thread "Lake Country" and a peek at a pattern in progress

 

"Lake Country" size 10

"Lake Country" hand embroidery floss
 It reminds me of a colorful autumn day next to a lake. Sort of a rainbow, but without violet.

"Primal" pattern with loop tatted ring in progress

"Primal" pattern with Catherine Wheel join in progress

The original "Primal" necklace from 2013 with a current sample started

I'd totally forgotten about my "Primal" design from this post in 2013 and just found the necklace in my stash recently. Apparently I'd called it "Primal Pods" for a while, but my plan now it to simply call it "Primal", to avoid confusion with my other pattern "Milkweed Pod".

I think one reason I never got around to writing it up is because of the "loop tatted ring"  technique used on the bottom of the necklace. It's tricky (difficult for me!) and so I figured that many people would consider it a turnoff. 
So, my solutions: 
  • To practice the technique until I'm competent enough with it to do a demo 
  • To include an easier option that gives a similar look with less effort
So, this is the project that I'm working on now. When the pattern is done I plan to add it to my Etsy shop.


1 comment:

  1. Pretty thread, makes me want to dye thread again! It’s a while since I tatted a loop tatted ring. Tricky, but interesting!

    ReplyDelete