Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A bell pattern for you

Here is a gift to all my blogging friends - a tatted bell pattern!
For pdf click here.

Supplies:

  • 2 shuttles
  • Thread of your choice (the finished bell measures about 1 and 1/4 inches (3.2cm) long in size 20 DMC Cordonnet Special)
  • A small crochet hook is helpful for joining picots


Techniques used:

  • Split rings
  • Rings floating from chains
  • Join on 2nd half of split ring

Note: all joining picots are small. The decorative picots can be longer as desired.

R 8-6-8. Do not RW, SS. Ch 15.

RW. SR 3+3/4-4.

*Ch 4. Using Sh 2, R 3+5-3. Ch 4. Using Sh 2, R 3+3-3--3-3-3.

Repeat from * 2 more times.

Ch 4. Using Sh 2, R 3+5-3.

Ch 4. RW. SR 3+3/4+4. (Note: 2nd j is on 2nd half of SR, so be sure that the core thread still slides)

Ch 15. LJ to beginning. SR 8/8. Thread ends may be used for hanging as an ornament.



19 comments:

Kathy Raker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Raker said...

Thank you for the bell pattern and what a lovely gift you received.
Wishing you a blessed and Merry Christmas!

(I deleted my first post, typo)LOL

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Thank you for the Christmas present, Marilee! I hope to finish Dave's afghan soon so that I can get back to tatting. I can picture a tree full of Christmas bells!

Tatskool said...

Very pretty bell pattern, thank you.
happy Christmas to you and yours.

Gina said...

Thank you Marilee! Last year I tatted all the Christmas trees I could find, this year I had no time for that, but I'm thinking next year I'll do bells.

Susanne said...

Thank you for the free pattern, it's a great bell.
A merry Christmas to you.

Unknown said...

Lovely Marilee, and thank you! I see a little of the bell in your Midnight Oil necklace.

Marilee Rockley said...

I'm glad you all like the bell pattern! I've been kicking this idea around in various ways (yes, Sally, it also appears in the Midnight Oil necklace!) and this arrangement seemed to work best for a bell ornament. I think it might do for a pendant, earrings, a motif for clothing, etc., as well.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a wonderful New Year to you all, good friends!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the lovely bell pattern! It is very pretty. That bag from Lady Shuttle Maker is lovely, too! :)
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you, too!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your generous gift of the bell pattern Marilee it will look great on the Christmas tree. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year. I am looking forward to another year of wonderful HDT.

Gina said...

ps..Merry Christmas!

Bonnie said...

Very pretty bell pattern, thank you.

Merry Christmas Marilee.

TAT19540 said...

Thank you for the bell pattern and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Tattycat said...

Thank you for the sweet bell pattern. That is a lovely gift you received from Lady Shuttle Maker. Enjoy. Merry Christmas!

Julita said...

Thank you, it's a wonderful gift. Merry Christmas!

Shaheen said...

Thanks for the lovely pattern.

Anonymous said...

thank you for bell pattern. i am a beginner in tatting and was looking for a sweet easy bell pattern. Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hi, Can I post your pattern as a graph on my blog if I link your post?

Marilee Rockley said...

Hi Anonymous from 2016, what is the name of your blog, please? I'd like to take a look.