Monday, October 25, 2010

Tatted necklaces, upcoming shows

Two art/craft shows are coming up for me, so I'm trying to finish more things to display. "Celeste" is a new necklace design I came up with last week. It occurred to me that tatted connectors would be a fun thing to try. I joined the necklace parts with jump rings, short pieces of chain, and ribbon for an eclectic arrangement. The connector design seemed suitable for matching earrings.
The first show is Loominosity in New Berlin, Wisconsin. I'll be participating as a member of the Loose Bead Society, and I plan to be demonstrating tatting with beads on Saturday, October 30.

The other show is the Holiday Artisan Market at Discovery World, Milwaukee, Wisconsin on December 4 and 5. I'll have my own booth at that show, so I am working hard to complete enough unique tatted jewelry for a well stocked display.

17 comments:

TotusMel said...

I love the new necklace design, just lovely!

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

They are both very beautiful but the rust colors are my favorite, it is breath taking! I am envious of the incredible creation, very very talented indeed.

Bree

Karen T said...

Beautiful necklaces!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your necklaces are beautiful! I hope you do well at both shows.

Tatfully Yours said...

All your pieces are beautiful!!!

Carolivy said...

These are both gorgeous Marilee! Good luck at both your shows.

God's Kid said...

Wow! Those are so beautiful! I love the color choices and the uniqueness! :)
I hope you do well and have a great time at your shows!

Marilee Rockley said...

Golly! Thank you all for the supportive comments! I actually wasn't too sure about the appeal of this design, but now that I have all of your stamps of approval...I'll keep going with it :-D

Unknown said...

You are so freaking awesome! I love that design! WOW! That is so cool! I wish we were neighbors! I'd always be in your kitchen buggin' ya! LOL! You'd be sick of me, LOL! ;)

johnson said...

I love the new necklace design, just lovely!
- milwaukee web design

Corina said...

They are gorgeous, and I love the colours of the first necklace!

Gunhild said...

Marilee, your new necklace is very nice!
Enjoy your shows!

Tatt-ie said...

Glad to know you'll keep on tatting these beauties : I add my congrats to the previous posts. Your necklaces are just gorgeous. I'm sure you'll do well at both shows.

Suzanne said...

Truly lovely! Well done.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a beautiful pattern!

Clyde Page said...

Celeste is beautiful. Your work constantly serves as an inspiration for us to venture out of our comfort zone and try something like designing some piece of tatting to share with other tatters and we thank you for that.

Unknown said...

They are gorgeous ☺ Í bought both of your craftsy Clausen and look so forward to doing them ☺