Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pictures from Indiana Lace Day

Tippecanoe Arts Federation in Lafayette, Indiana, the location of the Indiana Lace Day, April 11, 2015

Carol and her tatted Tardis doily - even more impressive in person!

Tatted Crystal Egg in the lace egg contest

Bobbin lace in progress by one of the Lacemakers

Lace-lovin' Librarian~Diane and Pat posed for a photo

 Artistic Easter eggs in a handmade basket

A bobbin lace project in progress, by one of the lacemakers
This was a wonderful event! I'm glad I came with Sue Anna. She did the driving - about 3 hours there and 3 hours coming back! Plus the driving I did from Milwaukee to Kenosha, which takes about 50 minutes. We had fun! Spring was noticeably farther along in Lafayette, with trees beginning to leaf out and magnolia trees blooming. In Milwaukee we only have crocuses and a few daffodils beginning to bloom, no leaves on any trees yet, and the grass is just starting to become green.

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm so glad you took pictures! Despite the fact that I posed for you, I only thought to take one picture while we were there. It was a lovely day, and it was so nice to meet up with everyone again, even though it was just a short time.

Barbara Gordon said...

I'm so glad there where pictures taken seeing as how I wasn't able to make it like I planned. Sure looked like fun and a lot to see to.

Madtatter80 said...

Oh what a wonderful springtime event and pictures too love to see all these marvelous things. And nice of you to have your friend drive sounds like a wonderful adventure!

Kathy Niklewicz said...


That was a lot of driving! Thanks for the enjoyable post about the event. (These days I think a 'long' trip is 2 hours one way!) Looks like an impressive building, too!

Pittsburgh is on the same latitude as Lafayette, but we also are only now getting the daffodil and crocus blooms!

battatter said...

It was so nice to finally meet you!
Thanks for posting my pic! I had fun and love to read everyone's posts about it. I wanted to tell you I thought your necklace was amazing!

tattrldy said...

Thanks for sharing this event with us. Looks and sounds like a fun day.