Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The dove tree and "Beatrice" necklace


 At choir practice at church this week I saw that the peace dove tree was up.
See if you can find the tatted dove in the top photo! The tatting pattern is by Jane Eborall.

The photo at left shows the whole tree. I'm impressed with how big it is and the number of dove ornaments that people donated for it.


I tatted another dove for my own Christmas tree!


 The necklace that I had been designing in blue is now deep garnet red! 

Well, I just had so many failures trying to get the math to balance out evenly while designing I was getting discouraged. I figured if I changed colors it would seem like a new project and I could start fresh. It worked! I like it, and I'm calling the design "Beatrice" which means "bringer of joy".

I'll be listing the finished necklace for sale in my Etsy shop, but the pattern so far is only scribbled notes for myself. The techniques I used include pearl tatting, rings thrown off each side of pearl tatting, bead picots, and Catherine Wheel Joins. I used Lizbeth #674 Garnet Dark in size 10, Toho large hole seed beads size 11/0, and Swarovski crystal bicones size 6mm in Fire Opal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found the tatted dove right away - seems like a tatter's eyes always zoom in and spot tatting first thing. :-) The Beatrice necklace is beautiful - color(s) are gorgeous and the design is graceful with lovely proportions.
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

What a fabulous work of art that gorgeous necklace is!!! :)
Would love to see it in the blue(wink). :)

Margarets designer cards said...

I found the tatted dove, Looks lovely with the rest,
Your new pattern is gorgeous and I will wait for the pattern,
I wish you a very merry Christmas and thanks for your the support and comments you have left on my blog
Margaret

Bernice said...

Lovely necklace, I always enjoy your patterns and Craftsy classes.