Monday, December 3, 2007

Half-baked Idea

Somehow...these polymer clay teardrop and tatting earrings showed up in my imagination and in my hands.
I thought they were sort of pretty! Then I thought that some other tatters might think this would be a fun thing to do, so I added a few of the polyclay shapes to my Etsy shop.

The green ones were done with a chain on top. However, I prefer not to have to hide the ends in chains. So I modified the pattern to end with a ring.

Hope this half-baked idea leads to other ones!

4 comments:

Marty said...

Half-baked has certainly become fully incredible! Those are really beautiful.

Tattycat said...

They are beautiful! What would happen if you left things in the oven until they were done? I can't imagine them being any better. Very pretty and thanks for sharing the pattern.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

These are so pretty! I've never worked with polymer clay... something else to explore!

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks, everyone. Polymer clay is usually available at craft supply stores and it's fun to use. Unique items can be made as simple or fancy as you want! Obviously, I've opted for simple - I just want interesting shapes that I can poke holes into for joining tatting!