Saturday, March 8, 2008

Lighthouse Lacer's Meeting

It's very fun to visit with the Lighthouse Lacers, a group of folks interested in all types of lace.

They currently have a window display focusing on knit and crocheted lace at the Northside Library in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Here are some photos I took of the display.








People worked on their lace at the meeting. I noticed examples of bobbin lace, Battenburg lace, crochet, knitting, needle tatting, and shuttle tatting. Several new people came in to see what we were doing.
Of course, I took along the Belle Armoire issue that my necklace is in, to show off to everyone there!

4 comments:

Tattycat said...

Very pretty pictures. I'm sure this was very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Oh how fun this must have been! Lovely displays.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Toptattyhead said...

I'm so envious of the great time you all look to be having! Beautiful work