So, a lot of people said they wanted tatting classes. Someone knew of a fabric shop that might be interested in having me teach tatting there, so I will have to get a proposal written up and try to get something started.
There are several challenges to convincing a store to offer tatting classes:
- tatting doesn't really push that much "product"
- often stores don't carry the shuttles, thread, and other supplies needed
- small class size required, ideally 5 students or less (most stores like larger classes)
- several sessions - the first 2 hour session is spent mastering the "flip" (stores like to display a "quickie" project that can be completed in one session)
- several basic skills need to be mastered before getting to "the fun stuff"