Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Just chillin'

Teaching the Tatting Basics class at Bead&Button Show.

A pattern is emerging on the weaving loom.

 No tatting to show on this blog just now, but I've been teaching tatting. Still to come this week is the "Meet the Teachers" event at Bead&Button where I'll have a table display, and another class to teach on June 11.
This is not tatting, but it is lace, and it's given me an idea. I think it would be a fun thing to do on a t-shirt. Cut the shoulder and sleeve apart, finish the raw edges, then insert a piece of tatted lace. I've gotten as far as the idea and buying a t-shirt. Run with this if you want! You'll be done before me :) I'm feeling a bit tired, so just chillin' for now.

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Good idea, go for it!

God's Kid said...

Hope your class is going well!! :)
Can't wait to see what you are weaving!! :)
I have thought of ideas similar to yours, but I get cold easily so I haven't done anything yet. :)

Anonymous said...

I've thought about buying some sleeveless shirts and tatting sleeves for them, but I get cold so easily that I've always talked myself out of it. I'm eager to see what you do with your T-shirt.
StephanieW

Madtatter80 said...

I've used tatting to cover Cleavage on a shirt that was too low and it was pretty and I liked the look of it. You go girl with tatting inserts and your thread colors it will be great❤️🌹❤️

Margarets designer cards said...

Enjoy chilling, it's good to chill out at times

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks, everyone. I do hope you all will have some time to relax and smell the flowers!