Saturday, September 16, 2017

Mad scientist mode!

 Here I am all decked out in my "mad scientist" gear, mwahaha! 😉
I only wear the mask when working with the dye in powder form to avoid breathing it in. When the dry dye is put away and I'm working with the liquid dye solution, I take the mask off. But, the rubber gloves stay on!
 Not much variation to see in the picture showing the skeins of thread being painted with the dye. That's because the batch is "Grayscale" (only shades of gray) and the dye looks darker when wet.
The hand dyed thread all finished! The flower is in the picture to show that it's a color photo.

8 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Very fetching!

Michelle said...

You're certainly my favorite mad scientist! Gorgeous color!

God's Kid said...

You are the prettiest mad scientist I have ever seen!! :)
That colorway looks great like all of your others!! :)

A Trapped Steele Mind said...

I love the ombre effect. I've used liquid dyes for threads but never powder. I always wondered if it would last. Now I know it will.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I will gladly leave hand-dyeing - painting! - of thread to the experts! It's still a great mystery to me, and you were/are a trailblazer! It's all quite magical!

Fox said...

That is fabulous grey thread. Love it.

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks, everyone! I didn't mention that I even have my own "Igor" lab assistant, my dear hubby Jan - he's not hunchbacked, but IS absolutely loyal to a fault and does the tedious scutwork of winding and twisting skeins :-D

picotsnkeys said...

I like your reason for wearing a mask better than mine: we discovered dry mold on my hymnal collection! Ugh.