Thursday, February 1, 2018

Mardi Gras, tatted hearts, squares, loops, and atoms


A new batch of hand dyed thread "Mardi Gras" has just been added to my Etsy shop.

Last week I finished a heart necklace and matching earrings, both in my hand dyed "Raspberry Sorbet". The pattern is my own "Devotion" but I did a little experimenting:


The pattern calls for size 10, which I used for the heart but  -
I changed the earrings to size 20 and substituted a size 4mm bead instead of 6mm. Also, I changed the seed beads to size 11/0. As you can see, the changes worked just fine!

 I also mailed in my finished pink squares to the Tat A Monument In Pink Project. If you haven't participated yet, do it quickly, since the deadline is March 1st and the mail can be slow.

I've started to tat some "Loopy" earrings, which have for their base the "Beaded Path" pattern from "Tatting With Beads Jewelry", but I add an extra layer using a Celtic shuttle. Hard to explain what I'm doing, but maybe someday I'll figure out how to teach it!

 Speaking of teaching, yes, I will be teaching my tatted "Atom" design at Finger Lakes this year!

5 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Everything looks very beautiful💟I had forgotten who did that atom design I love it💖

God's Kid said...

Wow! Lots of fabulous projects!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

All I can say is, "Wow!" You have been busy!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful thread,
Your squares look beautiful,
Love your patterns they are so lovely

Bernice said...

So many projects at once. That's great. Had I known you were going to Lodi I would have booked a plane. I love all your patterns and love your atom. I am still working on my squares.