Friday, September 7, 2018

Earrings, Fall, and Orchestra

Finished 4 pairs this week! 

I decided to wire wrap earwires for each pair, including matching seed beads in the wire. I used natural niobium wire, a pure, precious metal that is very unlikely to cause an allergic reaction in anyone. The pattern is One Shuttle Glamour, found in the book Boutique Tatting.

Next up, fall colors. Sometime next week fresh batches of hand dyed thread will begin to be added to my Etsy Shop. I'll probably do Sugar Maple first (shown on the leaf in the photo below) and follow with Pizazz (the leaf I just started).


Some blog followers also are interested in the fact that I am a serious amateur cellist. I play at church with the choir and I'm also a member of the Wisconsin Intergenerational Orchestra. The orchestra rehearsals begin next week, and the date for the next concert has been set for December 14. Can you find me in the picture below?

6 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful earrings, love the colours
Love fall leaf,
I hope your rehearsal goes well

Madtatter80 said...

Lovely my favorite is the red one🌻💚🌻 this is a very beautiful design and love that it's a less sensitive metal. If you haven't sold the red one let me know 😃

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks! They all sold out already, but I will make more :-)

God's Kid said...

Love all the colors!!! :)
Your Maple Leaf earrings are so fabulous and so are your colorways!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

I see you! I like the idea of dyeing Fall colours in the Fall.

Cindy said...

I love everything about fall - colors too! I am a slow tatter - it would take me forever to make that many sets of earrings. Beautiful - the maple leaf is my favorite.