Sunday, September 9, 2007

Yarnplayer meets Lace Lovin' Librarian!


What a super-nice lady!!!
A great thrill to meet her in person!

We had excellent weather for the art fair. A bit on the warm side, but I'm glad the air was calm enough that I didn't have to put weights on all my things. Many people, including young children, were fascinated with "that pretty stuff" and I got to have several interested enough to take a closer look at what I was demonstrating.

Only one person made the remark we tatters hate hearing:
"Tatting? Oh, that's a lost art. Nobody does that anymore...."
Grin ;-)

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm so glad you posted the pictures! I also heard one person say that tatting is a lost art... I smiled and told her that I've found lots of tatting friends on the Internet!

It was a beautiful day, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet you! I just noticed... we had on the same shirts, just different colors!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

You guys look so happy! I hope you did well and had fun at the fair! It's great to "see" you guys!

Tattycat said...

The pictures are great! I can tell you had a great time. It is so nice to see pictures of friends having fun.

Oh, the dreaded "lost art." Yuck! That really gets under my skin. I usually do what Diane did and tell them to check the internet!

Sewicked said...

Madtatter replies, 'look, you found it!' in a happy discovery tone of voice, so it's not quite so rude as it may read.