Saturday, November 12, 2016

"Grayscale" is back, some UFO's finished

 A new batch of hand dyed "Grayscale" thread has been added to my Etsy shop. I put brightly colored flowers in the picture to show that it's not a black and white photo.

This week I also managed to finish a few "UFO's" (unfinished objects) that I found stashed in bags! This "Cool Circles" necklace in hand dyed "Pond" thread with size 8/0 glass seed beads in aqua with Swarovski pearls is now done, and I'm pleased with the result.

Of course I don't have the pattern memorized :)  So I followed the directions in my book that Annie's published (Tatting With Beads Jewelry) but noticed that under "First Upper Side" although they put in "repeat from * to * " correctly, they didn't make the second * all that obvious to find. It's my own pattern, and even I had to look carefully to figure out where to stop! Ah well, just letting y'all know, the second * is found on the upper right of page 13, just after "LJ to vsp". Then, go back to where you were under "First Upper Side" to continue.
 I also finished a pair of earrings in size 20, same color thread, slightly different beads, although they do coordinate very nicely with the necklace should anyone want the set.

5 comments:

God's Kid said...

Great thread!! :)
Awesome jewelry set!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love seeing your hand-dyed threads put to work! Grayscale sure is a pretty colorway.

Sally Kerson said...

the greyscale thread is such a useful colour. Well done on finishing work, afraid I lose the plot and rarely return to UFOs

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely necklace and earrings, love the pattern,
Lovely thread, grayscale is a useful colour

Jane McLellan said...

Beautiful. Good to get some UFOs translated to FOs!