Friday, January 17, 2020

Hand Dyed Thread "Roses"


Painting dye on thread
 New batch of hand dyed thread "Roses" is now listed in my Etsy shop

As always, preparing and dyeing the thread by hand is a fair amount of work, so each batch is small and unique!


After the dye has set (cured) I wash the excess dye from the thread in the rinse bath. This is followed by clear water rinses, then the skeins are laid out to dry.
In this project I used Karey Solomon's hand dyed thread (Map of the World) along with Lizbeth thread in Spring Green and Mocha Brown Medium. The pattern is my original, still in progress.

3 comments:

Judith Connors said...

I love your new 'Roses' threads. And the pendant looks stunning.

Madtatter80 said...

Love the colors they are a beautiful flower garden

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful thread, love your new pattern