Monday, March 23, 2020

Just Working Quietly


Staying in, doing a little handweaving from time to time. Also, I'm in the process of writing up a new tatting pattern for a pendant and earring set. Not showing the picture here yet! Keeping it a surprise.

Speaking of surprises, I was very much surprised to receive this lovely dishtowel machine embroidered with tatting shuttle designs! A friend in the community orchestra (that I play cello in) gave it to me. This was about 2 weeks ago. Since then, orchestra has been cancelled until next fall, to comply with "social distancing" so as to help us avoid the coronavirus.


Spring is still coming along, very slowly as is usual here in Wisconsin. I'm very happy that the Snow Crocus is blooming. A glimmer of hope!



5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your weaving is beautiful! I've seen no signs of Spring flowers here... yet!

Four of my looms are warped, my Saori and three of my band looms, but I'm still busy knitting and tatting. I'm really enjoying this down time!

God's Kid said...

That weaving looks great!! :)
We have no sign of spring. We woke up to 2 inches of snow this morning, but it's all gone already, so we are back to brown and boring. ;)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

What an unusual and delightful gift! Very nicely done! We are all in a state of shock over this 'science fiction' type event! No one would have believed this could happen.
Our hobbies are a way of coping and at least we can still communicate via technology.
I'm impressed by your weaving. Can't imagine the work involved in setting up a loom!

Marilee Rockley said...

I sincerely hope better days are ahead for everyone! I've set my Etsy shop to "digital only" while Milwaukee is under a "Stay At Home" order to reduce the spread of Covid-19. (My family and I are all healthy.) I'll use the time to dye more thread batches and finish preparing the new pattern. Stay safe, dear tatters! ♥

Margarets designer cards said...

Your weaving is beautiful,
I am in isolation too in the UK, they are isolating all of us over 70 and with underlying illnesses, of which I fall into the later. We can go for a walk each day but its stay at home with only food shops, chemist, banks and essential businesses open.
Please stay safe and well look forward to your new pattern