Friday, March 12, 2021

Hand dyed thread "Crocus" and pattern progress

 



Always a thrill to see the first crocus bloom in the spring! Inspired by the purples, yellows, and orange colors of the flowers and the green of their leaves, I hand dyed a fresh batch of thread and it's listed in my Etsy shop. (Next batch is planned to be "Beach Cafe".)

Returning to my new pattern in progress, "Phoenix" I did successfully complete a smaller prototype that pleased me, so I've begun work on diagraming it. Both the large and small versions will be included in the finished pattern, along with in-progress photos. Here's a teaser photo:


6 comments:

God's Kid said...

Beautiful thread and design!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Pretty flowers, love the thread version of them.

Margarets designer cards said...

Love the colour of the thread, a real spring thread colours.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm not sure which I like more... your threads or your patterns! Everything is always so beautiful!

Lavinia said...

Your thread is always spot-on! And such beautiful bright colours!

picotsnkeys said...

Love the thread colors! I've forgotten what it is like not having flowers (and weeds) year round. I know the snow demands our time and energy also, but a break in yard chores and pruning would be nice! Thank you for reminding me that beauty is there. Your thread will make wonderful tatted lace.