Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Found! Collar from Priscilla No. 2

 


Many years ago (in the 20th century) I tatted this collar from a vintage pattern found in a reprint of Priscilla Tatting Book No. 2. The book I still have is from the Dover Needlework Series; the title on the cover is "Tatting Patterns" Julia E. Sanders.

I used size 10 DMC Cordonnet Special to make it, and followed the directions in the pattern exactly as given (or as best as I could understand them at the time). 


My collar is not as curved in a circular shape as the picture of the model shown in the book. The only blocking I did with it when finished was to lay it out nicely and steam it. The photos in this post have been taken just as it was found stashed away several years in a box. (I'd forgotten where I had put it!)


Here is the collar worn over a sweater and tied in front with a ribbon. 
By the way, the earrings in the picture are from an original pattern by Elena Kozinenko and her patterns are for sale in her Etsy shop FairyLaceAndMore.




Tatting blogger Frivole has been working on improving this pattern. Follow her progress at Le Blog de Frivole.


8 comments:

Frivole said...

Wonderful! So glad you found it Marilee, it looks beautiful. I can't wait to finish mine now as it's actually a pattern I had started many many years ago (in yellow) and had never finished so it had always been on my wishlist. You seem to have managed to make everything fit pretty well as per the pattern which makes me wonder if it's me not doing it right?! Yours looks just great. :-)

God's Kid said...

That collar is spectacular!! :)
Great earrings!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Oh you need to wear it now you’ve found it! It’s wonderful. Perhaps a collar needn’t curve as much as we thought.

Pop Lenuta Maria said...

So beautiful!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your collar is beautiful! I have that book, but have not been inspired to try and interpret any of the patterns. I admire your ability to follow those old directions!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful collar, I like the way you wear it over with a ribbon

muskaan said...

Pure vintage beauty 💚💙💚

Unknown said...

This is a stunning collar! I love your rendition of it. This is tempting me to attempt it myself...