Saturday, May 21, 2022

Feeling better

 


The quarantine period of 10 days will soon be done, so I'm planning to re-open my Etsy shop on May 23. I'm feeling good! Definitely will be going to get the 2nd booster as soon as possible. Enough of virus.

I began tatting the "Antique Rose Heart" from the book Tat's Amore' by Martha Ess. My color choices reflect my obsession with the Peace rose. Actually I just planted a Peace rose bush in my garden 2 days ago, so we'll see if it grows. The one I had last year didn't survive the winter. I'm not the person with a green thumb... my mother had that gift of making a garden grow - but I do have a love for nature, anyway.

As I began tatting the row with the green, I realized that I had skipped a row. Well, I'm just going to continue and call it a "sport" of Martha's Antique Rose Heart, as the plant people call a spontaneous mutation of a cultivar. ☺


Here's some math for beading that I worked out through experimentation. To make a bezel around an 8mm rivoli I need 22 size 11/0 Delica beads. 24 came out too big and the rivoli fell out. 20 is too small. 

But, the problem with 22 is that results in a edge of 11 points, or divisions. That doesn't allow for an alternating pattern to come out right. Sigh!!!


Well, I will finish this set anyway. I do like the colors!

8 comments:

God's Kid said...

Awesome projects!!! :)
Love your color choices!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Glad to hear you’re feeling better. Peace is a beautiful rose. I hope your second one survives, even though you’ll have a tatted version. Combination of tatting and beaded bezel is amazing.

Margarets designer cards said...

Glad you are feeling better, I am just coming back out from a very nasty flu bug that knocked me off my feet, I have not done any tatting for eight weeks, so I know how you feel. Love the new design and look forward to seeing your new projects.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Marilee! Peace Rose is a lovely color. I love nature, but I'm not in tune enough to grow anything. So, I leave the gardening to Dave.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better! I have the opposite of a 'green' thumb. Can't seem to grow anything. Your tatted peace rose is gorgeous and the beaded rivoli with tatting is beautiful, too.
StephanieW

Shanda said...

So glad you are on the mend! Love the pattern and colors❤️

Lelia said...

Good to hear you are improving! Lovely tatting ; )

picotsnkeys said...

Continue gaining back your health. I wish you a speedy full recovery.