Thursday, July 14, 2022

"Misty Morning" hand dyed batch

 


New batch of hand dyed thread "Misty Morning" is now listed in my Etsy Shop. Shaded blues going into purple with a touch of straw yellow are in this, and I'm really pleased with the result. 



The flower pictures are of the same rose, showing it partially open after a late afternoon rain shower and then fully open in morning sunshine. It's a "Charles Darwin" rose, one of the David Austin hybrids. Planted on June 26, it's a very young plant, so I was thrilled to see it bloom so quickly! This season I also planted another David Austin hybrid called "Heritage" and a new "Peace" rose which has several buds on it. More color inspirations!

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely thread and the roses are certainly inspirational.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Gorgeous thread! Roses are my favorite flower, but I've never had much luck with them. I guess it's because I admire gardens more than I tend to them.

God's Kid said...

Great colorway!! :)
Pretty rose!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely thread colours, and beautiful rose

Lelia said...

Just beautiful!!!!!