Saturday, January 14, 2023

Celtic Mardi Gras and Working on a Collar

The "Loopy" Mardi Gras items sold out immediately, but of course the pattern is still available at my Etsy shop. In the necklace shown above, I added 3 small charms using jump rings around 3 of the center front tatted chains. Seed beads on the Celtic chains weaving through the purple were strung onto the thread before tatting. These extra embellishments are not shown on the pattern, but are easy to add.


In life outside of tatting, I play the cello a bit. Well, I recently became aware of the social media buzz about "impossible arpeggios" in an amazing cello solo played by the TV character Wednesday Addams. Naturally, I searched online for the sheet music to "Paint It Black" and purchased it! 

More to the point, since this is a tatting blog, I noticed her white pointed collar and at times it's a lace collar. That excited me, so I'm in the process of designing a tatted pointed collar but with the front part mostly, finishing with necklace chain. Less work than tatting a full collar. Nothing to show yet, but will post photos when I have made progress!


3 comments:

God's Kid said...

I think this is my favorite pattern of yours!!! :) I love the Loopy design!! :)
I am sure your collar will be awesome!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Great when your different areas of interest overlap!

picotsnkeys said...

Just finished a Loopy earring. One more to go! You have inspired several new pieces of lace based on grounds and chaconnes. Thank you!!