Friday, October 20, 2023

Scenic Stroll

 

The autumn trees with hand dyed thread that they inspired.

New batch of hand dyed thread, inspired by a stroll through the park in autumn. "Scenic Stroll" has been listed in my Etsy shop: yarnplayer.

Hand dyed thread "Scenic Stroll".

_________________________________________________________________

I'm continuing to have fun with bobbin lace. Bookmarks are a good size for practicing and I find that I'm even doing more reading of actual printed books since I got going with this! 

My bookmark based on "Sampler 7" from the book "Torchon Lacemaking: A step-by-step guide"

I've started another bookmark in Size 20 cotton thread using GaliciaBee's pattern with Cathedral Window spiders. Starting the top I used a different technique to try it without the usual little picots and I'm attempting to add "footside" edges. I've done this pattern several times so now am feeling bold enough to experiment! 

7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Beautiful thread. Ah, you’re really making progress when you start working your own variations!

Lavinia said...

The thread is beautiful! And nice progress on the bobbin lace! You learn a lot by exploring new ideas by yourself.

muskaan said...

Wow, love the vibrant colourway! Can't believe it's been just a few weeks since you took up bobbin lace!

Marilee Rockley said...

Glad to hear that you like the colors!

Years ago I tried bobbin lace a few times, but it seemed so hard and complicated I gave it up, even to the point of giving away my pillow and bobbins. But now I've been inspired by the new, colorful, fun things I've seen bobbin lacers doing on YouTube, TikTok, Instagram and Etsy, so I bought new bobbins and pillow to use with the same stash of colorful threads I already have.

God's Kid said...

I like seeing your bobbin lace! :)
It makes me think of Barbara Gordon, so thank you!! :)

muskaan said...

Thanks💖 If I had come across this type of lace about 2 decades back, I would've definitely bought the supplies and tried to learn it .😁

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your new thread is beautiful, and your bobbin lace looks perfect!