This is another installment in the "R's" wedding necklace saga. I consider it a good sign (regarding the groom's health status) that there was time enough to tat earrings to go with the necklace.
Here's an outline of what I did:
Strung some beads, wound 2 shuttles, and started with a mock ring (also known as an open end chain).
Slipped a round bead onto the starting loop. Then, I put the shuttle through that loop. The center bead has been tatted halfway around at that point.
The beads dangling at the bottom are in one large picot. Then, I tatted the rest of the way around the bead.
I like to keep a paper clip in the space where I'm going to join - that way the space is there when I need it - not hiding inside the bead!
Then a lock join to close up the mock ring, after which I tatted a small split ring.
Then slid up the same number of strung beads from each shuttle, and secured them in place with a lock stitch (one half not flipped, the other half flipped) to secure them in place.
I finished off with another split ring, followed by a normal ring, which was used to hide the ends.