Friday, May 4, 2007

Selling original work




Being impressed by the people who manage to sell online, I have very timidly made a start. I have a couple of my tatted pieces on eBay as well as a used book.

Also trying out having an etsy shop. Maybe this will keep me on track for prolific work.

I still feel more comfortable selling through a "brick and mortar" shop or craft fair. Since I am already committed to participating in a craft fair later this summer, I really need to get more inventory done! What I've found works best so far is small, relatively quick items that can be sold for a lower cost and makes a cute gift. Also, people like something unique -- something that has enough variables so that even though it is a pattern, it would be hard to come up with an exact copy.

3 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

These are really really lovely! Best of luck to you with your Etsy shop.
Your pattern is on the way!
~Sherry

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Your shop is lovely, too, and I'll post a photo when I am able to try out your butterfly.

Maggie Ann said...

These are just exquisite!!!! Good idea, the Etsy shop and Ebay. Hope you do well with both...=) If you do send some of your things to the shop I told you about please let me know, so I can go admire...=)