Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So much guild activity!


On Monday, I not only attended the guild meeting of the Loose Bead Society, I managed to coax Sue Anna into making over an hour's drive to come too! During open beading time - well, throughout the whole meeting, actually - Sue Anna and I were both tatting, which caused quite a stir among many of the guild members, who came over to see what we were doing! I think they were surprised to see that Marilee is not the only person who tats ☺The top photo shows the black butterfly (pattern is in Boutique Tatting) that I started on Monday at the meeting, and that's how far I'd gotten by early Wednesday morning.

Then, later Wednesday morning I headed over to the mall food court where I'd heard the Embroidery Guild was gathering for Stitch in Public Day. Another super-nice group! They greeted me warmly, and let me tat with them while they worked on projects ranging from counted cross stitch to needlepoint. They seemed quite eager to have me come "stitch" with them again!

Then, I found out that there is a Crochet Guild in town, too! Still more creative people!

Anyway, this 2nd photo shows how much more I got done on the butterfly during my visit with the Embroidery Guild - while chit-chatting away!

7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I am so jealous! If I didn't live so far away, I'd have played hookie to go with you! The butterfly looks beautiful!

Sooz said...

I am hoping to take a tatting class in November..... just cant seem to learn it on my own!

http://sipsfromthefirehydrant.blogspot.com/

God's Kid said...

Oh my goodness! Your butterfly is awesome! :)

TAT19540 said...

Your butterfly is looking good! I had a lot of fun. It was kind of embarrassed because I don't put my tatting the same league as yours, but I did enjoy our time together.

Gina said...

The one & only year I was with the now defunct EGA guild here, I learned SO MUCH! Oh....time, where have you flown to? LOL! So little time so much to do! I had a dream once, of building a huge center where all the crafts were practiced and learnt, passed on. Some one will do it yet, if not already.

Marta F. Sitarska said...

This butterfly is so beautiful!

Gina, in Poland is very little "center" where I'm student now! It's Folk University of the Handicraft in small vilage Wola Sękowa :)
There is a website:
http://www.uniwlud.republika.pl/oferta.htm

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful butterfly, I am so far away to come to your meetings, must be nice to go and chat and tat with friends. I dont have anyone near me that even tat, I am going to start up a lesson group when I am better and back on my feet, that way at least I will have ladies to chat and tat with.
Margaret