Friday, March 15, 2019

Made room for the long bead


Based on my Unfolding Heart pattern, I tatted this heart from hand dyed size 10 thread featuring a long red glass drop bead in the center. The pattern as written isn't long enough to make room for the 7/8 inch (2.2 cm) drop bead, so I added an extra ring with corresponding chain stitches to each side of the heart. 




Earrings from Heart Aglow pattern, using the same 11/0 seed beads on size 20 thread, with a 4 mm Swarovski faceted round bead at the top and 11 mm Czech glass dagger bead at the bottom.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The necklace with the long bead is beautiful. The earrings are, too.
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

Truly awesome set!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely. I like the way earrings and necklace echo each other without being the same.

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous and stunning piece of tatting love the patterns

Anonymous said...

Beautiful earrings and necklace. I'm sure you will receive many admiring looks when you wear them.

Madtatter80 said...

I love this lovely thread and work you did on these hearts and beads and also your talent of mixing tatting and other media with tatting your creativity is always appreciated!

picotsnkeys said...

Those are lovely. And now I have another pattern idea for earrings! Thank you!!

begoña said...

Precioso es una maravilla