Wednesday, June 26, 2019

My Mountain Top Experience

Me being extremely cool in sub-zero wind chill wearing my Star Trek jacket, on what seems like a different planet
 Yes, that's me standing on top of a mountain in Colorado! How I got up there is thanks to the people who built the Mount Evans Scenic Byway, the highest paved road in North America. My dear hubby drove us up, cool as a cucumber, while I was "slightly frightened" at the many twists and turns in the narrowing road and scary drop-offs without guardrails. But, the views from the summit are spectacular! It was like being on top of the world!
Miles of Rocky Mountains in Colorado

Snow capped peaks in the Rockies

A mountain goat in its natural habitat

Breathtaking beauty

Drive carefully...no guardrails and thousands of feet down!

I started a snowflake from Renulek's pattern while visiting Colorado

The finished snowflake! Please see Renulek's Etsy Shop to buy her patterns.

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, spectacular views! Perfect setting for tatted snowflakes.

God's Kid said...

Thank you for sharing the views!!! :) That is the extent of my travel. ;)
Love the snowflake!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's been 14 years since we've been to Colorado. Those roads without guard rails, even the ones with guardrails, scare me half to death! It looks like you had a wonderful time, and your photos are spectacular!

Madtatter80 said...

Wow you are the best place to be to make a snowflake and while everyone is well into summer :) looks like a fantastic time you are having, and love the mountain goat too super cool girl!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful photos and glad you enjoyed your mountain visit

Marilee Rockley said...

My dear hubby told me just now that the wind chill at the summit that day was recorded as 17 degrees F, not below zero. Well, it felt cold enough to me, LOL :)