Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Primary colors

Apparently there's discussion these days about which colors are "Primary" colors. Some say the Red, Yellow, and Blue most of us learned in school are not as truly "Primary" (a group of colors from which all other colors can be obtained by mixing) as the Magenta, Yellow, and Cyan used in printer inks. I don't know how it'll work with dyes, but it's obvious that I'll have to do another batch with the other set of primaries next. Anyhow, a limited amount of the thread pictured above is listed in my Etsy shop.

I haven't tatted anything yet with this hand dyed, but here's some items I made in solid blue, red, and yellow:

Blue "Atom" pendant from my own pattern in Up and Tat 'Em

Red earrings from my "Grand Aura" pattern in Up and Tat 'Em

Yellow "Atom" from my own pattern in Up and Tat 'Em


5 comments:

God's Kid said...

Another awesome colorway!! :)
Love all the solid colored items!!!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

I love your pretty thread and your atom pattern, I really need to make one they are absolutely beautiful!

Jane McLellan said...

When I was dyeing a lot of yarn, I read that most dyes are not absolutely pure and thus, I guess, not absolutely primary. An academic point, the results are wonderful! I’d like to see the combination in action, the straight colours are bold and beautiful.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do love your color choices! They're so bright and cheerful!

Margarets designer cards said...

I thought the same as you what the primary colours were, I also thought that putting two together would make another colour
Beautiful pendants and earrings love your patterns