Friday, October 9, 2020

New Original Tatting Pattern: Daylily Dance

 

My new original pattern is done! 

I've listed the PDF in my Etsy shop


It's actually triangular motifs, each inspired by colorful daylily flowers such as this. 


There's a good measure of "cut and tie" as each motif is made in 3 rounds. The triangles can be joined together along with the narrow filler motif to create larger projects. I joined 6 of them to make the doily featured.

In size 20 Lizbeth each triangle motif measures about 3 and 3/4 inches (9.5 cm). 
In size 10 Lizbeth each triangle motif measures 5 inches (12.7 cm). 

The doily shown is in size 20 Lizbeth thread and measures 7 and 1/2 inches (19 cm) across. 


The tatting techniques used: ring, chain, picot, floating ring, join, lock join, lock stitch. I've written the pattern from my shuttle tatting perspective, but I think needle tatters will enjoy it too. The pattern has diagrams also.

The color combination possibilities are endless!



9 comments:

muskaan said...

So pretty 💚💜💛💙

God's Kid said...

Very beautiful and great design!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

It’s really beautiful. Interestingly, we call a different flower a day lily.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's beautiful!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful pattern

Marja said...

Beautiful summer colors and a beautiful cloth.

Unknown said...

Love the color scheme. It is truly beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Goed Day. I am not sure how to make this 1st centre ring. How do I make this 3rd picot? Must I first close the ring?

Marilee Rockley said...

To Anonymous: Yes, close the ring. Then, make a "mock picot" by holding the ball thread as if to tat a chain, and with the shuttle make the first half of a double stitch NOT flipped at the distance from the ring desired for the picot size, then the second half flipped. The resulting knot forms the mock picot.