Thursday, November 12, 2020

More Wire and Tatting Pendants

 

Vintaj® natural brass colored ParaWire, with floral style tatting of my own hand dyed thread. 


A burst of creativity resulted in 5 new necklaces added to my Etsy shop. I've decided that non-tarnish coated wire is the best choice for combining my tatting with wire-wrapping. It comes in a variety of permanent colors (obviously I love colors!) and no worries about tarnishing. Even Argentium silver eventually does tarnish and of course the silver is more expensive, so I won't likely be using it anymore. 

Bronze colored wire with hand dyed thread and nylon micro-macramé

Micro-macramé, or even a simple braided cord makes a nice color-coordinating finish for these projects and the sliding knot enables the necklace to be adjustable to any length. I like that the nylon cord is shiny and smooth, and tail ends can be melted with a lighter. 

Recently I've learned to be very careful with the lighter, as I had to re-do one neck cord because I accidently burned the wrong part. Didn't set myself on fire, though! ^_^


Titanium colored non-tarnish coated wire with hand dyed, white thread, and seed pearls.

2 colors of wire and 2 colors of cord

Tiny beads added during the wire wrapping. On the large focal bead I used a filigree bead cap from a "goodies bag" acquired at a long ago Tollway Tatters meeting. 

9 comments:

God's Kid said...

They are all so gorgeous and tempting!!! ;) :)

God's Kid said...

My daughter says you need to take them to Renfairs because they are fairy necklaces and they are exquisite!!!! ;)

Jane McLellan said...

Really wow. Original, colourful, beautiful...

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

All are beautiful! You tempt me to look into trying to work with wire again. I was a complete failure the last time I tried!

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you. I like the "fairy necklaces", it sounds so sweet!

I'm glad you like them. They're fun to do.

Diane, it took me a long time to acquire the skill of making a "simple loop" in wire, just so I would be able to attach a bead onto something. Sort of the equivalent of "learning the flip" in tatting. After practicing the basics, the rest seems so much easier!

Frivole said...

Very beautiful Marilee! I particularly like the second one...just my kind of colours and I like the shape a lot.

Margarets designer cards said...

Very beautiful, love your unique designs

Bernice said...

These are beautiful, you sure have mastered combining the wire work with tatting. Its funny how creativity seems to come in bursts, I am thankful that you take advantage of those bursts.

Judith Connors said...

So creative, Marilee! The coated wire which you have chosen adds a certain antique quality.