Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Tatting a Catherine Wheel Join from the back side



Here's the demo I did showing the tatting technique of the Catherine Wheel Join (CWJ) from the back side. 

The reason for doing it that way would be if the project was being tatted "front side, back side" and the CWJ was on the back side, and if you really wanted the smooth curving chains having an unbroken line of double stitches showing on the front side. So, probably rarely used, but there was interest so I made this video!

It's really just like the normal (front side) method of the CWJ, but reversed. Up where there was down, etc.

YouTube told me that my first CWJ video (the "front side" one) was made 10 years ago. Great Scott! Has it really been that long?

4 comments:

Maggieb said...

going through my late mother-in-laws things I found a Danial Peres Barrwll Brand Tatting case that I am sure she never used (pristine condition). I do not want to throw it into the garbage but find someone who would appreciate it. If you are interested please email me theblairs.lair@gmail.com
Thanks
Maggie

Marilee Rockley said...

MaggieB, sounds like you have an historic item that may be worth a bit of money. The spelling is "Daniel Peres Barrel Brand". Peres registered his company in 1878. The company mostly made scissors, razors, pocket knives, and flatware. I am not personally interested but one of my readers may be.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the video, Marilee. You're right - it's not something we would probably use every day, but it is VERY useful, and your tutorial is wonderful - clear, and easy to follow.

Thanks again!
StephanieW

God's Kid said...

Thank you for the lesson!! ;)