Saturday, December 18, 2021

Tatted star in pink and knitting goes on


In 2 shades of pink from my stash of hand dyed threads, the "Star Capella" finished as a pendant. Actually the camera couldn't capture the true color of the darker pink, which is really a boysenberry shade. 



The sweater project is still in progress. I've finished the lacy edging on the right, and am at my second try of starting the left side, which is knitted from what I call the "back side" of the work. I've had to learn a new-to-me knitting technique called "purl 2 together through back loop" and it is even trickier than it sounds. I don't know why people carry on about tatting being hard - knitting is much harder, in my humble opinion - and I learned to knit much earlier in my life than I learned tatting.

9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

There are a lot of tricky knitting techniques alright! I like your edging. And the pendant too.

D-chan said...

I think "purl 2 together through the back loop" is the most difficult maneuver I came across in my knitting career...

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you, Jane. It's because of the pretty edging that I wanted to knit this sweater pattern, designed by Bronagh Miskelly.

Marilee Rockley said...

Thank you, D-chan, it's good to hear that I'm not the only one who considers "p2togTBL" a difficult maneuver!

Shanda said...

I love to knit and tat also, your sweater is going to be amazing! I love the pink colors of the pendant also you have such a good eye for color

Marilee Rockley said...

Thanks, Shanda. The sweater is far enough along that I was able to try it on for size, and yes, it'll fit! I did swatch before beginning, and had to go up 3 needle sizes, so apparently since I tat tightly my knitting tension is tight also, LOL.

God's Kid said...

Oh, your Star Capella is awesome!!! :)
Your sweater is pretty already!! Denise and I were just talking about it and she was hoping to see it, so you must have read her mind. ;)

Marilee Rockley said...

God's Kid, thank you. Oops, I totally forgot to tune into the Tollway Tatters meeting! I'll need to find a way to remember for January! ♥

Margarets designer cards said...

You made me laugh, I was taught knitting from the age of three by my mother just to keep me quite, knitting to me is just as easy as tatting, perhaps because I enjoy it, now I cant knit heavy wool as my hands have arthritis, so I tat and knit with a rest times, means I dont get as much done, but I can still do what I enjoy, I love your pendant beautifully designed.