Friday, June 3, 2022

Starting this collar with pearl tatting


Pearl tatting, aka double sided chain
The plan is to tat the top portion only of my fanciest necklace, and write up the pattern just for that much. Only the pointy collar top! Only that much!

Original design combining tatting and beading
Only the collar part (in dark purple in this photo) at the top, not the fancy beaded stone in the center or the rest of it. Although, the flower shapes on either side are a pattern that is already published in Marilee's Beaded Tatting Finery book as "Celtic Hexad".

So far, I've learned that when working with multiple threads, a convenient place to hide the tails is needed, and that place doesn't exist when there are core beads in the final ring!
Attempting to hide the tails ☺
So, although I love the elegant look of the beaded ring, I'll plan to go with a plain ring in the final version. If it gets that far!

Me, wearing my fanciest tatted necklace!

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

That makes a really good edging, love it!

God's Kid said...

That is so beautiful and I love the portion you have done just as it is too!! :) I think it would make a beautiful bracelet!! ;)

Margarets designer cards said...

I saw this on Facebook, and love the design would make a lovely edging, love your fancy necklace.

picotsnkeys said...

The necklace is spectacular! I wonder if something like that could be added to the back of my performance outfit? (One typically plays the organ sitting with your back to the audience.)

Shanda said...

Love it ,love it, and did I mention LOVE IT!